Return to Help Index
Additional Support
How To Buy A Silencer

Silencers for firearms are highly regulated by ATF

With NRA-ILA’s legislative efforts, firearm suppressors are legal to own in 39 states and legal for hunting in 34. But they remain rather expensive and difficult to purchase due to the BATF’s restrictions. Nonetheless, if you can purchase a handgun you can likely own a silencer, and you probably should. Your ears, your neighbors and your shooting will benefit.

Guns Ammo Co will do all the paperwork!

If silencers are legal to own in your state (this includes AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY) add one to your cart that fits your shotgun, handgun or rifle at your Class III arms (machine guns, etc.). (Its serial number will be used for the registration process, but we will not be able to ship it until it is registered to you by the BATF’s NFA branch.

We do it all for you:

  1. Before we can ship a silencer you must be approved and your silencer registered by the BATF.
  2. We complete the paperwork to form a Gun Trust and register the suppressor to that trust;
    Forming a Trust requires a legal document to be filed. We add a one-time $98 admin fee plus a $125 Attorney Fee and the $200 Tax Stamp for your BATF (Total Setup Cost $523). We also engrave your Trust Name on your suppressor (a legal requirement).
    This makes buying a suppressor easy as you avoid the fingerprint, photograph and authority’s signature portions of the registration process.
  3. We fill out the BATF’s required forms, form 4 and form 5330.20, in duplicate. We email them to you as a PDF to sign and return.
  4. When the BATF receives your paperwork and fee and approves your form 4 and approves, we then authorized to transfer the silencer to you, via a standard form 4473 used in firearm purchases.
The tax stamp stays with the silencer for as long as you own it; it can be used on various guns. If you go to buy another silencer, the entire process (except setting up a trust) must be completed again and another $200 paid for each silencer purchased. In the end, you’ll have a firearm that’s fun to shoot, safe for your ears and easy on the neighbors ears.
How do I contact you?

Contact Us

The best way to contact us is by creating a Help Ticket.
Use this link

Guns Ammo Company LLC
612 Lafayette Blvd. STE 200
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
540-300-2606 - For sending copy of an FFL
We no longer supply an Email address as we have incorporated a CRM system to help us manage emails and provide better service.
Use this link

Text messages and Voice MailsAre not constantly monitored. Please create a ticket for support.
Use this link